Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City includes both The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony together and does not require a copy of the original Grand Theft Auto IV to play. In The Lost and Damned, experience Liberty City as Johnny, a veteran member of The Lost, a notorious biker gang. Johnny has been creating business opportunities for The Lost in Liberty City but his first loyalty must be to the patch he wears on his back and to Billy Grey, the club's President. However, when Billy returns from rehab hell-bent on bloodshed and debauchery, Johnny finds himself in the middle of a vicious turf war with rival gangs for control of a city torn apart by violence and corruption. Can the brotherhood survive? The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka ""Gay Tony""), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.
- Brings the interweaving Grand Theft Auto IV stories of Niko Bellic (main game), Johnny Klebitz (The Lost and Damned) and Luis Lopez (The Ballad of Gay Tony) to an explosive conclusion.
- Contains The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, on one disc. These were originally digital content releases for GTAIV that were unavailable to PS3 players.
- Both games are standalone releases that do not require the original Grand Theft Auto IV game, or an Internet connection for their single player campaigns. (multiplayer modes are online)
- Complete your Grand Theft Auto IV experience with powerful new weapons, vehicles, music, features and new mission types.
- Each episode contains both a single player campaign as well as a variety of online multiplayer modes specific to the storyline of each.